After completing E-Ville's Fresh Meat Program, Bex joined the Slice Girls last December. Her first season is off to a great start, with her helping her team maintain their long-standing home game winning streak!
1) What attracted you to the sport of roller derby and what keeps you going?
Growing up in roller skates is what attracted me but I've not been in any physical contact sport so that motivates and scares me at the same time to try my best.
2) How did you come up with your derby name?
Keep it simple. Lots of people call me Bex I've notice so just kept it.
3) How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
Independent, determined, considerate.
4) Who is your nemesis on the track?
I can just go by my worst hits so far Razz lol. I appreciate it cause I need to learn.
5) Do you have any pre-game rituals?
Call my BFF.
6) If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play you in the lead role?
7) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
8) How has roller derby saved your soul?
Being a mom and nurse I felt like a robot catering to others all the time so I wanted to try something different, challenging and what I've enjoyed being on skates. So I feel it something that's mine. Makes me feel like a individual.
9) What do you do when you aren't playing roller derby?
I love to cook, restore/paint furniture, running. Being active and creative.
10) Who is your derby hero/role model?
I have found the league inspiring really. My team is super great! I'd have to say the one that has been hard on me but I like it now is Tuf. She's wonderful. And she continues but all good. I just appreciate it all.
Come out and see Bex play TWICE in June - on the 11th against the Berzerkhers and on the 25th as the Slice Girls compete for their third consecutive Gage Cup victory! Buy tickets online here!