Hell'on Keller ain't nothin to mess with! She's a hard hitting player on the Berzerkhers and captain of the E-Ville Dead. You might have also caught her playing for Team Canada in a little thing called the Roller Derby World Cup. No big deal.
Watch her strike terror in the hearts of Black Gold Diggers everywhere, this Saturday at the Kingsway Hangar! You can also catch her in Nationals on March 16-17, competing with the Dead against teams from across Canada.
1) What attracted you to the sport of roller derby?
Definitely the contact! I love the adrenaline from playing full contact sports.
2) How did you come up with your derby name?
My first derby name was Bailey's Irish Cream Her, but that was way too long. With the help of some other teammates, I incorporated my real last to become Hell'on Keller and I am fairly deaf so it's fitting.
3) How would you describe yourself in three words?
Competitive, level-headed, slightly awkward
4) Who is your nemesis on the track?
I don't let any individual player get to my head long enough to become a nemesis.
5) Do you have any pre-game rituals?
Nope, I just lace up my skates, throw a smile on my face and I'm good to go.
6) If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play you in the lead role?
That's a tough one! As much as I hate her, probably Kristen Stewart because she's extremely awkward and thinks it's okay to wear Chuck Taylors with everything.
7) If you could have any super power, what would it be?
TELEPORT!!! I could be anywhere in a second.
8) What is your spirit animal?
Gorilla! Monkeys are awesome and gorillas are the kings of monkeys.